Things to Do in Hamptons NY
Best Suggestions and Tips from the Locals, New list for 2021.
Enjoy the best but the Hamptons have to offer you as you embark on a vacation away from the hustle and bustle of New York City. Best attractions, Restaurants, beaches, and worth visit sites.
The Hamptons is an ideal long weekend getaway from the bustle of New York City! Lined with gorgeous beaches and amazingly quaint stores, it is just perfect for lazing around and spending your summers.
It is an approximate 2 to 2 ½ hour drive from New York City. You could also take a bus or a ferry ride to reach the island. After that, you could take a cab to your destination. So what are the things to do in Hamptons, NY, you ask? Well, here is a list of some of the ‘bests’ you could put on your to-do list right away:
New insights and updates, every week!
Best Places to Eat.
Good food is a really important part of any trip. Do you remember a vacation where you had an amazing day just because the meal platter for lunch was delicious? Well, so do we. And that is why we have jotted down some of the most beautiful restaurants you ought to try when you are at the Hamptons:
- One North Steakhouse: There, you will enjoy definitely the best steak on Long Island. Address: 322 W Montauk Hwy, Hampton Bays, NY 11946. For directions, opening hours, and reservation phone numbers, please visit their official website.
- 78 Foster Restaurant & Bar: A beautiful seafood restaurant on the marina features a full bar, TVs, an outdoor deck & live music. Open Wednesday to Sunday: 4 pm to 10 pm, with a very popular Happy Hour 4 pm to 7 pm. Address: 78 Foster Avenue, Hamptons Bays, NY 11946. Also, with Tully’s fish market and Snack Shack. Walking distance from the Bay Watch Hotel & Marina.
- Tutto Il Giorno: With three outlets and serving some impeccable Italian dishes (Executive chef: Alexander Apparu), this restaurant is a favorite amongst locals and tourists alike. Whether it be their lamb ragu or their rigatoni, your meal is bound to be flawless. We would suggest you have a glass of wine handy. Address: 56 Nugent St, Southampton, NY 11968.
- Tate’s Bake Shop: With Craft-baked, delicious, and very popular cookie gift baskets; You will enjoy the scrumptious baked goodies from the award-winning bakery – Tate’s Bake Shop! They are open for in-store shopping and pick-up orders from 7 am to 3 pm and 9 am to 12:30 pm, respectively. Address: 43 North Sea Rd, Southampton, NY 11968. Official website: www.tatesbakeshop.com.
- Big Brunch Box: Do you want to simply order in while lounging by the pool? Big Brunch Box has some amazing options to choose from. Check out their menu and build your own box to cater to your unique taste buds. Starting from freshly made bagels to smoked fish – you will get the best quality, impeccably packed food right at your doorstep. North Sea Road, Southampton.
1) Explore Southampton History Museum: The history of Southampton is interesting and gives you a sneak peek into the magnificent glory of the past. This iconic landmark has 12 amazing historic buildings and has magnificent exhibits related to the iconic landmark. You can have a look at images, accompanied by authentic voice recordings by the survivors, and is surely a must-visit. You can witness some spectacular artifacts and sculptors and can also attend exhibits and guided tours. The history museum has an entry fee of 5$ and is open from Wednesday to Saturday.
2) Explore The Stunning Hampton Bay: Hampton bay is ideally located amidst Shinnecock Bay and Great Peconic Bay, which makes it a perfect spot for performing adventurous water activities and paddleboard lessons. You can explore the bay on a rented bicycle and enjoy the quaint and tranquil neighborhood. Many amazing historical sites will give you a sneak peek into the interesting history of the Hamptons. If you enjoy learning about wines and tasting them, you must spend a day at a vineyard. Wölffer Vineyard hosts some amazing wine tasting events at their estate.
3) Walk Amidst Green Trails At Nature’s Preserve: This is a wide stretched freshwater land that was designed in memory of the iconic Kurt Billing. Kurt’s relentless efforts and perseverance led to creating awareness about the protection of woodlands, streams, and wetlands. You can enjoy several activities in the preserve like hiking on the green trails, bird watching or simply enjoying a calming walk amidst the bountiful nature. The creeks and streams are filled with freshwater are an ideal spot for enjoying swimming and boating. Nature’s Preserve is a complete family entertainment spot where you can enjoy some quality time or enjoy a fun picnic.
Best & Most Popular Beaches.
1) Coopers’ Beach – This is one of the prettiest beaches in the Hamptons. According to Dr. Beach, is rated among the Top Ten Beaches in America, very often. Umbrellas and chairs are available for rental. You could stroll down here for a sunny day with your family or have a run along with your dogs on the sand. The water is clean, and the beach is not overcrowded. You must know before you go there: The beach has a $40 a day parking fee. Google Map.
2) Ponquogue Beach: This is an excellent beach in the Southampton region and the most popular beach, considering Trip Advisor’s reviews/comments. Whether you want to have a quiet day of lounging or go on an adventure surfing the waves, you will find what you are looking for on this shore. More than 107.000 people visit and swim on the Atlantic ocean from this huge and beautiful beach. Google Map – Directions.
3) Main Beach: Open from 9 am to 4 pm, this is a beautiful beach in East Hampton. The water is pristine, and the area is very well maintained. Accessibility and availability of parking space are a major plus here. Directions from Google Map.
4) Atlantic Avenue Beach: located at the end of Atlantic Avenue in Amagansett. Ocean Beach Lifeguards on Duty, from 9 pm to 5 pm. Wonderful clean beach with excellent parking ($20). Amenities include restrooms, surf chairs, and a concession stand. Directions.
Museums & Sports Centres.
Parrish Art Museum – Open for visitors from 10 am to 5 pm, the Parrish Art Museum is a must-have experience. It has a wide range of collections featuring artists who have a connection with Long Island. The building itself is stunning, and the ground is beautifully landscaped. The museum conducts exhibitions, great events and offers art workshops throughout the year. Address: 279 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, NY 11976. Phone: 631-283-2118
Future Events: JULY 30, Outdoor black film festival. AUGUST 06, Tazz on the terrace. AUGUST 17, BCMF Music Concert, AUGUST 20, Latin Music of Mambo Loco.
Shinnecock Hills Clubhouse: Shinnecock Hills Clubhouse was included in the National Register of ‘Historic Places’ in the year 2000. It is known to be one of the oldest golf clubhouses in the United States. So do not forget to pack your kit and drive down to the clubhouse to spend an entire day here. located in an unincorporated area of the Town of Southampton on Long Island, New York, situated between the Peconic Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
The Shinnecock Museum and Culture Center: learn about over 10,000 years of Shinnecock history! The museum supports and displays the local art of the local artisans of the Shinnecock tribe and their magnificent history. The best way to learn and understand tribal art is by taking a guided tour. Address: 100 Montauk Hwy, Southampton, NY 11968. Near to the museum is the Shinnecock East County Park, where you can enjoy spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Given the pandemic situation, it is advised to follow all Covid-19 restrictions of social distancing and sanitization. Do give a call to the restaurant or the museum for updated regulations and timings before you plan your day. It is prudent and advisable to make reservations in advance for any place you wish to visit. We are all in this together, and we hope you have a lovely stay at the Hamptons. Be safe!